Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's a New Day

Well, whether we were ready for it or not- it is a new day. Literally. It is the day after Election Day and I have been thinking about the direction our country will be going in the coming days, months, years...it is quite strange that I am having these thoughts- I really am "non-political." Ultimately God is in control and for that I am thankful. I know that He is sovereign and therefore I shall not fret. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt. 6:34

Last night I was invited to a friends house to be a sub for her Bunko group. It was such fun and took my mind off the election. I also was blessed to get "most wins" last night. All the times I have played Bunko I have always lost or come out evens on my wins. But last night- last night, was MY night! I really had no idea that I was even on track to win- but win I did. It was super cool too because my good buddy who was also there as a sub won for most Bunko's! We won some great gifts, had fabulous food, good company and a lovely girl's night out! It just made my day!

Off the subject but- I recently have been doing a bit of reading about an organization called Compassion International http://www.compassion.com/default.htm
They are an amazing Christian Relief organization. Here is their mission statement: "In response to the Great Commission, Compassion International exists as an advocate for children, to release them from their spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and enable them to become responsible and fulfilled Christian adults."

I was looking over the beautiful faces of these precious children and imagining my children caring for, praying for and developing a relationship with a child in need in a totally different country. I am going to talk to D about sponsoring a child (for only $32 a month!) and hopefully as a family we will be choosing a child to share life with by this evening. I already have a little boy in mind, I think J-man would be happy with a boy- he has always wanted a little brother.

The cool thing about Compassion International is that they work through local churches. They know the children they are helping. They are a community, a family. You can even meet your child! So cool! Can you tell I am excited? If you get a chance- check it out!

No comments: